The Event and Outreach Coordinator
Objectives of the Position: The Event and Outreach Coordinator is responsible for supporting the Development Director and Executive Director in all fundraising events along with being a community advocate for Caring Families, talking with donors, local agencies, churches, and various organizations in the community.
Category: Donor Development and Fundraising
Reports to: Development Director and Executive Director
Supervises: Volunteers charged with outreach activities
Part-Time Position: 15-20 hrs. a week: Hours flexing during events.
- Be a committed Christian who demonstrates a personal relationship with Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord.
- Exhibits a strong commitment and dedication to the pro-life / sanctity of human life position and sexual purity. Agrees with and willingly upholds a commitment to the Commitment of Care and Competence, Core Values, Statement of Faith and policies of the Caring Families Pregnancy Services INC. organization.
- Exhibit strong skills in interpersonal and written communication and public speaking.
- Have proficiency in Microsoft and Google suites with the ability to learn computer programs affiliated with event planning. Experience with social media is preferred and willingness to learn.
- Exhibit excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Have previous experience planning fundraising, social events and or public presentations.
Associates or Bachelor’s degree in related field and 2 years-experience in fundraising or event planning.
- Support fundraising events to include, but not limited to the Annual Banquet, Walk-for-Life, Baby Bottle Campaign, Ladies Tea and Auction, volunteer and donor appreciation.
- Coordinate with the Development Director the strategy and plans of Caring Families fundraising events.
- Support the Development Director in scheduling and coordinating event committee meetings.
- Track costs of each event/campaign and ensure each event/campaign budget is adhered to.
- Support Development Director that event timelines and ensure deadlines are met.
- Help edit promotional materials and execute publishing tasks for bulk mailings.
- Coordinate event day logistics to include but not limited to: timeline, registration, participant tracking, programming, presentations and materials to support each area as the Development Director instructs.
- Attend Caring Families events and in-service trainings as prescribed.
- Coordinate with event venue, invited participants, church pastors/liaisons as directed by the Development Director.
- Work with local agencies and organizations and find ways to partner and share our mission.
- Coordinate and Participate in community-based events like “Third Thursday” and tabling at colleges, health fairs and local agencies.
- Be willing to attend trainings for fundraising, outreach and organizational support.