We are looking for an Ultrasound Technician to Perform pregnancy tests, limited obstetric ultrasounds and carry out mobile unit operations, per the directives of the Executive Director, Medical Director and Center’s Policies and Procedures. This position is Part time/Per Diem. Pay Compensation commensurate with experience and position.
Reports to: Executive Director and Medical Director
- Be a committed Christian who demonstrates a personal relationship with Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord.
- Exhibit strong commitment and dedication to the sanctity of all human life.
- Agree with and uphold the Center’s Statement of Faith, Mission Statement, Policies & Procedures and adhere to standards of staff conduct.
- Be a Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer, and complete continuing education requirements to maintain ARDMS registry or a cross-trained medical professional in sonography.
- Be qualified to provide limited obstetrical ultrasounds and perform them under the AIUM practice guidelines.
- Exhibit strong interpersonal and administrative skills.
- Have working knowledge of Microsoft software and social media applications.
- Maintain a valid Connecticut drivers’ license, be an insurable driver, and pass background check.
- Drive mobile unit to designated locations as scheduled and conduct medical services.
- Perform pregnancy tests.
- Perform ultrasounds to confirm intrauterine pregnancy, obtain fetal heart rate and determine gestational age as well as estimated due date.
- Provide reproductive & pregnancy education, peer counseling, and appropriate referrals.
- Report to Medical Director any findings possibly impacting fetal viability and/or maternal health.
- Alert Medical Director to any emergent clinical findings, advise patient of doctor’s orders, facilitate transfer to ER, and document activity in patient’s medical record.
- Enter patient information, exam results and appointment notes into secure electronic database.
- Perform BLS/CPR and other on-site emergency assistance according to Medical Emergencies Policy.
- Maintain cleanliness of mobile interior; refuel vehicle as needed; report issues with vehicle to Executive Director.
- Assist in training mobile volunteers.
- Work scheduled special events.
- Flexible to additional duties assigned as needed.
- Annually review center Policies and Procedures, including Infection Control Regulations.
- Adhere to Center’s medical compliance policies.
- Complete ARDMS (or equivilant) continuing education requirements.