Title: Executive Director
Reports to the Board of Directors
Objective of the position:
The Executive Director (ED) is responsible for implementing the Caring Families Pregnancy Services mission and vision by providing servant-leadership to staff and board, overseeing the full management of the center’s programs and ministries, and organizing an effective fundraising program to support the work of the organization. In addition, the ED works with the Board of Directors in budget planning, vision casting, and strategic planning.
This is a full-time position that includes some evening and weekend commitments. Some travel is involved. Salary per hiring agreement.
- Be a committed Christian who demonstrates a personal relationship with Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord.
- Exhibit strong commitment and dedication to the pro-life position and sexual purity.
- Agree with and be willing to uphold the Statement of Faith, Vision, Mission and Values, and policies of the center.
- Have two years of working knowledge in marketing, fund-raising, and public relations/development.
- Have two years of experience in an administrative position with direct experience in supervising paid staff in an efficient and professional office.
- Exhibit strong skills in interpersonal communication, public speaking, writing and effective media relations.
- Be able to provide spiritual leadership, discipleship, encouragement, and direction for the staff members and volunteers.
- Be able to develop with the Board and implement an operation budget, strategic plan, and goals for the center.
- Be able to carry out responsibilities with little or no supervision.
- Have common working knowledge in IT skills such as Microsoft software and be able to navigate in social media such as Facebook and Twitter.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree, preferably in business, nursing, or related field, or related experience equivalent
- Special consideration will be given for working at a Pregnancy Medical Center (PMC), with preference to a Care Net or Heartbeat affiliated PMC.
- Special consideration will be given for running a mobile ultrasound van.
- Two years of experience as a volunteer or ministry or in a Christian non-profit setting
- Proven leadership with 2-5 years of organizational skills bringing donors, staff, and volunteers together
- Minimum of two years working with a board of directors
- Experience working with pastors in a related volunteer or staff capacity
- Experience developing a client marketing plan
Posting will be closed once position has been filled.
- Provide managerial support, direction, supervision, training, and hiring/firing the staff of the center.
- Conduct written and oral evaluations of staff.
- Coordinate with treasurer, directors, and other staff on the annual budget that is presented to the Board of Directors for approval.
- Oversee and ensure that accurate and current financial records are kept and reported to the Board monthly.
- Oversee expenditures for budgeted expenses of center and oversee purchase requests. Assure all staff stay within budget when requesting to expend funds.
- Oversee the compilation of statistical reports, accurate record keeping, and monthly reporting to the Board.
- Coordinate a yearly calendar for the ministry and implementation of special events.
- Ensure that all center policies are carried out, as well as coordinate with appropriate staff member(s) new policies to be approved and implemented.
- Hold consistent meetings with staff to be composed of client and staff needs and progress.
- Attend all board meetings as a member of the Board and present a monthly report.
- Maintain policies and procedures manual for the operation of the center.
- Oversee management of donors.
- Assist staff conducting volunteer training seminars
- Oversee and supervise volunteer in-service training, volunteer staff meetings, and ensure that policies and procedures are being followed
- Plan, conduct, and work with a committee to execute major fundraising events and direct mail pieces and newsletters each year.
- Develop and execute a program to appeal to church mission boards for financial support
- Communicate with donors on a regular basis.
- Involvement with visibility, and possible expansion of the Caring Family Pregnancy Services ministry in the community.
- Obtain feedback and continually assess goals for establishment of effective ministry programs.
- Produce long and short-term objectives to accomplish the ministry goals of the center.
- Develop a yearly development plan.
- Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with churches, pastors, and community.
- Educate the local community, including churches, pastors, community groups, as well as the professional community about Caring Family Pregnancy Services ministry with the goal of obtaining support and involvement wth the ministry.
- Develop and maintain relationships with other ministries/organizations that meet client needs.
- Represent the ministry and services of the Caring Families Pregnancy Services to the community and the media.
- Develop, oversee, and revise promotional materials used in presenting the center to clients, community, and churches. This is also to include written and social media materials.
- Work closely with the Board of Directors to promote public awareness of the ministry through advertisement and church presentations.
- Develop and maintain prayer time with staff, volunteers and donors on a regular basis.
- Spend time in prayer with the clients.
- Send out prayer letters with praises and requests for prayer.
- Send out email praises and requests for prayer.
If interested please send a copy of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org